This 60 minute module is in compliance with the OHSA rules and regulations and it also exceeds MOL (Ministry of Labour) mandatory training requirements.
OHSA (Occupational Health & Safety Act) is designed to protect the workers against the health and safety hazards in the workplace. It will spell out all the rights and responsibilities of all the parties.
The Joint Health & Safety Member Awareness program will assist the workers in identifying and understanding the role of the Health & Safety Representative. It will also guide the workers in understanding the fundamental principles for day-to-day administration of the OHSA issues.
This program will help workers identify and interpret the major components of the OHSA. The workers need to be able to relate the components back to their work environment; also they need to be able to interpret the guidelines.
- Occupational Health and Safety in Ontario
- Health and Safety Law
- Reviews Various Workplace Regulations
- Defines the Joint Health and Safety Committee requirements
- Responsibilities of Certified Members of the Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Outlines the Work Refusal Process
- Identifies Ministry of Labour powers of enforcement under the Act
- Reviews Workplace Inspections