In this 60 minute module, you will learn to identify techniques, and methods to prevent workplace injuries with the help of your personal protective equipment.
This Personal Protective Equipment Awareness training is specific to hazards and reviews in the workplace associated with PPE.
Personal protective equipment is used to create a protective barrier between a worker and the hazards in the workplace. There is many types of PPE depending on the task at hand. In this module we will define the type of PPE as well as what the type of PPE is used for and how it will protect you.
Within this module, we will provide resources for employees and employers as well as demonstrate compliance with safety regulations. The Ministry of Labour (MOL) has the power to ticket and fine workers according to the legislation. There are roles and responsibilities that the worker and the employer must follow.
- Reviews injury statistics as a result of not using Personal Protective Equipment
- Reviews roles and responsibilities of both the employer and worker
- Indicates the Ministry of Labour’s ticketing powers and related fines
- Identifies various types of Personal Protective Equipment and their uses in the workplace
- Provides important information regarding Personal Protective Equipment and its use
- Identifies techniques on how reduce safety hazards
- Identifies methods of control in the workplace
- How to identify protective footwear markings and their relevance to the workplace