During this 60 minute module, you will learn how to properly store ladders as well as the safety and importance of proper usage.
The Ladder Safety Awareness training will review all safe practices for the handling of ladders in the workplace.
There are many different types of ladders and this training program will guide you in the right direction to knowing which is the proper ladder for your job or duty. Each task requires a different type of ladder, all depending on what kind of task is at hand. Each ladder has different weight limits, different angles to be used, different storage manors, and also different safety practices.
During this session, you will learn how to correctly and properly use a ladder as per the Ontario legislation regulations. Each and every ladder has different capabilities and limitations to what it is used for, it is important to be aware of its limitations to prevent needless accidents.
OHSA has approved this training to teach and to make safe the usage of ladders in the workplace.
- Identifies grading system of ladders
- Reviews safe practices for ladder use in the workplace
- Visually interactive hazard identification for ladders
- Reviews selecting the appropriate ladder for the job as required
- Defines enforcement/penalties of The Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Defines what an approved ladder is
- Reviews different materials of ladders and their importance for the workplace
- Definitions of different ladders as per Ontario legislation regulations