Joint Health and Safety Committee Refresher Certification
Joint Health and Safety Committee Refresher Certification— provides learners with a forum to review the key concepts of occupational health and safety, to provide updates regarding legislation, codes, and standards, and to discuss best practices and challenges.
Every Joint Health and Safety Committee certified person must take the 1-day Refresher course to stay certified within the Chief Prevention Office and the Ministry of Labour.
Refresher training includes:
- review of key concepts from Part One and part two training
- relevant updates to legislation, standards, codes of practice, and occupational health and safety best practices
- opportunity for certified members to share and discuss best practices and challenges
- Rights, Duties, Responsibilities of the JHSC
- Rights, Duties, Responsibilities and Functions of Certified Members
- Roles, Duties and Responsibilities of Workplace Parties
- Hazard Assessment
- Workplace Inspections
- Changes or Updates to Legislation, Standards and Codes of Practice
- Group Activity
- Additional Tools